I have decided to keep working on the pixelized fantasy landscape image a bit more to fix a couple minor issues I've noticed with my last versions. For instance, the shadow did not really look right and the leg parts of the shadow were too narrow. I have also adjusted the colour a bit and made some minor fixes, which you can see in the version below.
Below are some of the latest versions of a pixel art landscape we created recently entirely from scratch using our own assets. Check out the blog for more info.
The three versions below are similar, but have some small differences in color and some other aspects:
In the services section and possibly other sections of the site, you may have noticed an inographic sample I had up for a while related to machine learning or AI for both consumers and enterprises. Basically a comparison o sorts but not necessary a vs. It was a quick piece of work as I combined grapic design with personal photography to create something unique.
Combining different media to create multimedia graphic design is a specialty of ours. We enjoy to combine photography with custom illustrations and graphic design as well as motion and other ideas to create truly captivating and unique work. On our blog, in the latest blog post, you may have seen some of our ideas come together that originated from a photograph of the ocean at Tulum, Mexico that Maciej himself took.
We used that as a backdrop for some of our custom graphics we had in our stock. Here are the original two images full of graphic design ideas we created and below this are our new ideas:
If you had been checking out the graphic design portfolio section of the site during the past couple of days you may have noticed we have a new motion graphic and logo positioned as the first thing showing in the section. It is a series of moving images showing our logo or text ‘Artistic CounterCulture’ with a moving aerial craft or plane whizzing through.
Everything was created from scratch using a stylus or Apple Pencil and an iPad. This means we created the font or text in addition to the graphic design background and spaceship, alongside its propeller system showing the craft leaving smoke behind from the engine as it flies. It is another example of the type of work we can offer from custom or self-created fonts and logos to moving logos or graphic design of any sort. This was an experiment using Procreate’s gif creation engine and working with all of our own assets to create something unique.
We have recently created a video and uploaded it to YouTube designed to showcase our multimedia skills for companies and gaming startups to check out. The video is a game trailer of sorts and is titled A Space Game Concept. Our main person and Founder, Maciej Duraj, wrote about this project, which he mostly created all on iPad from scratch, on his personal blog here.
Recently, we have decided to transfer our domain from GoDaddy to Weebly so that www.artisticcounterculture.com would show up as the main domain and all subpages would also be linkable from the .com URL. FOr instance, you can now go to the services page by visiting this URL: http://www.artisticcounterculture.com/services.html. Previously, we had simply set up GoDaddy to redirect the URL of www.artisticcounterculture.com to the main domain of www.artisticcounterculture.weebly.com, but mask it in a way so it would still be shown as .com. However, the subpages were not linkable without the .weebly address showing.
Because the previous videos you may have seen on this site are outdated and they even point to the wrong URLs, we have decided to update one of them and showcase it for you. We added some images to it and new music as well.
On my personal site and blog, which is Wordpress-based I created a guide today and mentioned Artistic Counterculture. The guide includes gifs or videos I created using Licecap for Mac as well as screenshots of me using Adobe Illustrator in order to edit logos.
You can read the guide or article here. The focus is on getting rid of text on a logo to either have it completely gone or replaced with new and updated text. In my case I wanted text for a personal business card gone to showcase a pure logo without my personal information on it. However, I lost the original source vector file saved in .ai or .pdf and only had the raster files left. The vector files I have all contained my personal information.
So what I decided to do was use a fresh gradient on top of the already-present background gradient to blend the background in without the text or font showing. I started doing this and kept running into trouble with the gradient because when I used the eyedropper tool the whole rectangle fill would turn that color even when I had the gradient window open and one of the color dots selected where I wanted an eyedropper tool to replace the color.